Saturday, July 08, 2006

8 Weeks, 0 Days

Your embryo, now about in its sixth week of development, is about the size of a grape -- 0.56 to 0.8 inches from crown to rump. Eyelid folds and ears are forming and even the tip of the nose is visible. The arms have grown longer and bend at the elbows. Places where fingers and toes eventually will grow are becoming notched.
--Courtesy WebMD
We found out we were pregnant on June 21st. I took two HPTs, one Wednesday night, one Thursday morning, and both were clearly positive. No barely-there lines here, they were plain as day. Our EDD is 2/17/07. I haven't seen the doctor yet, but that's what WebMD predicts based on estimated date of conception. As far as symptoms, I've had the basics for awhile now. Some nausea, indigestion, frequent trips to the bathroom (I pee all the time!!), soreness of the breasts, and fatigue. Morning sickness is mild, though not limited to the morning. The worst thing about it is that I've become very sensitive to body odor, which is unfortunately something I come into contact with many times a day at work. It has always grossed me out, but now it makes my stomach do sommersaults. Like a good girl, I've quit smoking and drinking, but caffeine is much harder to give up. I have cut back, though, and started drinking more water as well as lots of milk and oj.
I'm so excited! I don't look any different, and my clothes don't feel any different, but when I lay on my stomach, it feels like I'm laying on a little lump. It's so wierd, sometimes I lay down on the floor just to feel it.
It's starting to feel a little more natural to say "the baby" and "I'm pregnant." It felt so terribly foreign at first. Sometimes I would change what I was saying mid-sentence because I had this silly feeling that if I said it aloud too much, I would jinx it. Like I could somehow make it not true by talking about it so casually. It's coming out much easier as time goes by.
We decided we need something to call the baby other than "it." When Teri was pregnant with Leah, we called her the bean (and still do). I was reading something online that said the baby resembled a tadpole, so that's what we've started calling it. Baby Tadpole. Meagan made me an adorable beaded keychain that said Baby Tadpole, so I guess it's official.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that keychain, it's cute.
I like tadpole, now I can tell people I'm gonna be an aunt to a tadpole!:)

Annell

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pic of the keychain came out great! Im glad ya like it!

Love Ya!!!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home