Sunday, July 23, 2006

10 Weeks, 1 Day

Congratulations! Your baby is now officially called a "fetus." It looks a little like a medium shrimp, measuring 1.25 to 1.68 inches from crown to rump, and weighing a little less than two-tenths of an ounce. You might be reassured to know that most physical malformations, when they occur, have occurred by the end of this week, so the most critical part of your baby's development is safely behind you. But other developmental processes, such as those affecting behavior and intelligence, will continue throughout pregnancy. Eyes are covered by skin that will eventually split to form eyelids.
~Courtesy of WebMD
Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I haven't been online much at all lately, and I got scolded by my dear SIL tonight. Also, my audience seems to be getting bigger and bigger, so there's a danger of stage fright. I'll get over it, though. The more, the merrier!!
Things are going well. I've been hit by the nausea bug way more often than I care to think about. It's made it a little harder to force myself to take those prenatal vitamins. I'm starting to take them in the evening with dinner now, so it should be easier.
My mom bought the first baby things (at least that I've heard about) the other day. A bassinet, some sleepers and a receiving blanket. Mostly yellow, since the gender is a mystery. I think it's going to stay that way. We've pretty much decided to wait and find out when Tadpole makes his or her world debut. Everyone keeps asking me if I want a boy or a girl. I don't really know. It kind of depends on the day. As Bryan says, they both have their ups and downs.
I watched a show the other day about a woman who was dealing with a colicky baby. That was ten times more scary than watching labor and deliveries on "A Baby Story." Five solid months of unconsolable crying?? Wow! It's probably a good thing Bryan didn't watch that one. That was much scarier than anything Wes Craven could envision.
By the way, did anyone know these existed??? Someone is actually making money on this. File that one under "Only in America."

1 Comments:

Blogger Faren said...

LOL. Pee-pee tee pees? You have got to be kidding me...someone has to be kidding. And I didn't scold you, I harassing you!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home