Friday, August 04, 2006

11 Weeks, 6 Days

Your fetus, about the size of a large lime, measures about 1.75 to 2.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about three-tenths of an ounce. About now the rapid "swooshing" noises of the heartbeat can be heard through a Doppler sound-wave stethoscope. Fingernails and external genitalia are showing distinguishing characteristics, and the baby is swallowing and kicking, although you still won't feel it.

~Courtesy WebMD

Well, it's official. I've got it in writing from a medical professional that I am indeed pregnant and my due date is February 17, 2007. Now everyone cross your fingers that we'll qualify for Healthwave. I went to the Reno County Health Department for the test. I had an appointment at the Clinic, but because I have no insurance I had to pay for the labs up front. It was going to cost me $60 there. At the Health Department, my bill was $11. Quite a difference. The Health Department is the only place in town that requires a first morning urine sample for a pregnancy test. Even the home tests say this is no longer necessary. I couldn't get an appointment until 4:00 in the afternoon, so I had to bring it in with me. (I probably would have had to anyway, since my 'first morning sample' usually comes around 5:30 in the morning. Damn pregnant bladder.) That whole ordeal was kind of wierd. First of all I had to keep it in the refrigerator (ewww) and then I had to carry it with me to the appointment. I didn't know where to put it in the car. I felt really strange putting it in the cup holder. Anyway, it's done now.

I'm sorry about the lag times between entries. It's just that there's little to report other than nausea and excessive salivation which also happens to make me nauseous. (Did you even know that was a symptom?? I didn't until I got it and then found it in my book.) I figured people can only read so much about morning sickness and I've already approached that limit with this blog. The good news is, it should be fading within the next couple of weeks. I hope.

Famous People born on February 17th:
James Earl Jones (1931)
Dame Edna (1934)
Rene Russo (1954)
Larry the Cable Guy (1963)
Michael Jordan (1963)
Billie Joe Armstrong (1972)
Walter Chrysler (1905)
Montgomery Ward (1844)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, it just seems more official now. Mom A

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home