Thursday, August 24, 2006

14 Weeks, 5 Days

Your baby measures about 3.2 to 4.1 inches from crown to rump now and weighs almost an ounce. The ears are shifting from the neck to the sides of the head, and the neck is getting longer and chin more prominent. Facial features and unique fingerprints are all there. Your baby is beginning to respond to outside stimuli. If your abdomen is poked, the fetus will try to wriggle away.
~Courtesy WebMD
I know, I know! I should be flogged with a wet noodle for leaving my poor baby blog neglected for so long, and I can only beg you all to believe that my actual baby will not be equally neglected. (As if Tadpole's many Grandma's would let that happen!) Anyway, I'm sorry for the long absence, especially to Susan, since I told her I'd be writing as soon as we returned from Omaha. I know she's got that wet noodle all ready to go.
We had so much fun at the Whitehead reunion in Omaha. (Bryan's dad's family for those of you who don't know.) We spent the weekend at Eugene T. Mahoney State Park. It was really a great place. We stayed in a beautiful lodge and they have so much to do, including a full size pool and water park, camping, paddle boats, horseback riding, mini golf (I won!!), a craft center, hiking trails etc. It was quite a weekend. At the reunion, we got credit for bringing the youngest family member.
Not a lot of baby news to report. Just the usual aches and pains. Most of the sickness is gone, except somebody thought it would be a good idea to give the baby an "Eject Button" so at random times, Tadpole seems to say, "Hey, you know that last thing you ate?? Take it back!" It's rather annoying, but I don't feel sick before or after, so it's better. We're off to Texas to see Auntie M this weekend. I'm excited! I haven't seen my sister since October!! I'll post again when I return.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course your baby won't be neglected! This baby will be soooo spoiled! Love Ya! Grandma A.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Tadpole must have liked Texas! Or at least Texas food, there wasn't any ejecting while ya'll were here! LOL I love ya'll and miss ya'll already! I had fun while ya'll were here. See ya again soon!!!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home